Monday, June 8, 2009

Almost back to the US

Right now I'm in the UK, outside of London. I'm traveling with Alyssa, an intern, and Danna, the EMI intern director. Danna is meeting with the small staff of the newish EMI UK office. We're getting great homecooked meals and learning differences between American and British English.

Today we went driving around the countryside for a few hours and walked around a small town and a church. Then we all had fish and chips at a riverside English pub. What a cool experience! We're planning a day of touring London tomorrow, and then on Wednesday we'll fly back to the US.

I've been reflecting a little bit more on our time in Sudan. I a happy-go-lucky, positive person in general, but I tend to be negative too. I'm experiencing negative feelings and low expectations to a degree about the impact of our trip and the school and women's center we're designing. I'm wondering how something so small in a country so large could make a big difference. The problems of the world our big, but God is bigger. Sometimes though, I have a hard time seeing that. God works through people, and results come quickly, slowly, or not at all. I think I'm learning to trust him to bless what I do.

I'm looking forward to starting the stateside portion of the internship. Once I get back I'll have about two months in CO Springs to work in the office. I'll be getting a mentor in the office and working on this project in Sudan in others. I'm also excited to see some family from my dad's side this coming Sunday.

Pray that we make it home on Wednesday and that we can get into the groove quickly back in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment