Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Orientation Part II

Today was a whirlwind of activities and learning. I learned about everything from staff testimonies to lessons for connecting cross-culturally to how intern finances work today. We've been so busy from like 7:30 AM to 10 PM the past two nights so by the time we're done I can't even call my parents because of the two hour time difference. Today we hiked up a trail to these depressions in rock called the 'punch bowls' where snowmelt drains down through them and into a creek. One of them was so deep that some of the interns jumped in. Being a Floridian with very little resistance to the cold I elected not to go in, but being clumsy I ended up sliding into the pool on accident. It was cold, but fun. Then the other primary activity of the afternoon was each intern sharing a short testimony with the rest of the EMI staff.

This will probably be my last post until we're on our trip to Sudan, although we have a 15 hour layover in Frankfurt, Germany, so I may be able to send a post from there. Pray for our team as we design a school building for the ministry Rebuild Sudan Pray that we would clearly be able to understand what the ministry requires and that we would be able to complete the other work needed to do the complete design once we return to the states. Pray for safety and humility in all we do.

I'm pretty tired and I don't think that's going to change any time soon, so I've been remembering these verses from Matthew 11:28-30 because I know that God will sustain me and help me to serve him.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

1 comment:

  1. Great verse! I love you and I'm praying for you, brother :) Be safe!

    ReplyDelete