Thursday, July 9, 2009

Working in the Office

I'm still working on some projects in the Middle East, doing computer drafting and edits. Hopefully we will be able to close the projects soon.
Tuesday was EMI's annual Golf Marathon fundraiser. It is the only fundraiser that EMI does each year. EMI had a course to itself for the day just outside of Colorado Springs. Golfers get sponsors and then try the exhausting task of golfing 100 holes in a day. This year EMI raised about $40,000 with about $25,000 going to the Colorado Springs office and the rest to other offices around the world. The money helps EMI with general office expenses like equipment. Praise God for how He provides mightily even in times of economic hardship.
I caddied for Jim Hall, the CEO of EMI. We had some great conversations and I tried my hand at golf for the first time. What a difficult sport! I have a newfound respect for anyone who plays a lot.
This year also marked the first intern golf outfit contest...pictures included:
I didn't win, but we had fun.
The hardest thing about working in the office is remembering that I'm not working on a project that is going to make someone somewhere wealthy, but that I'm working on a project to help the needy across the world and to advance the cause of Christ. It's a lot easier to have a good attitude about making minor changes and having to do a tenth set of drawings to get them just right when I can remember the reason I'm here. Pray that I'll have a good attitude about even the smallest task I do.
This Friday is a day off from work where everyone will get out of the office. We're having a day of prayer and reflection for EMI. I'm looking forward to that.

1 comment: