Monday, July 27, 2009

A close call

I was almost T-boned by a van while driving to work this morning. I had Jake and Christal in the car with me. I saw the van coming and was able to swerve and avoid being hit. Thankfully, there was no one in the lane beside me.
The funny thing is that I was listening to a CD at the time by Tenth Avenue North. The lyrics of the song that was playing at that exact moment were "My hands are holding you".
God protected us this morning and made sure that we knew He was holding us in His hands.
The next song on the CD has the lyrics "You say let it go". The song isn't about letting go of anger or a grudge, but it still reminded me that there's no reason to be angry or get in a bad mood about what had just happened.
God really has a sense of humor.

1 comment:

  1. I had a close call today with a young man on a motorcycle who had a bad case of road rage. I'm really not sure what he was yelling and cussing about. It had something to do with a black item in the road that he picked up and that I know I did not run over. Pretty wild for a residential street in Btown!

    ReplyDelete