Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's almost over

Tomorrow is my last day in the office. I have a lot to do in preparation for driving home. I got my oil changed and picked up some books on CD. Listening to audio books will help me stay alert mentally on the long trip home. I still need to pick up some snacks for the trip, do laundry, pack everything, and do some other cleaning and errands. Pray that I can fit it all in.
I will leave this Saturday, hopefully around 5AM. I'll be driving to Little Rock where I'll sleep on the couch of a friend of EMI. Sunday will be another 14 hour day of driving back to Gainesville. Then I'll be back in Bartow to visit with my family from Monday through Friday. Pray that I'll drive safely and be alert.
We've been working steadily on designing the primary school and women's center in Sudan. We won't finish the project, but we'll have it mostly done by tomorrow. We still need some structural design and we need to compile the report.
It's going to be tough to leave this place and all the people, but I am looking forward to seeing old friends and going back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment